Thursday, August 20, 2015

Throwback Thursday - New Avalon

Several years ago, I decided to take part in my first NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), which takes place in November. The goal is to write a 50,000-word novel in 30 days. I came up with an idea, started writing, and got about halfway thorugh when I had to stop. I burned out.

But I had the makings of a great book, one that would become the first of my second series, New Avalon. I am now excited to be working on the third book in the series, which I plan to release next year.

The idea for New Avalon was sparked after watching the movie The Mists of Avalon, in which the female characters from the Arthurian legends were focused on. I loved it! I decided I wanted to write my own Arthurian adventure from the female perspective.



But I also wanted to write it from the teen perspective. By blending the two, I brought one of my favorite legends to life, and introduced it to a brand new audience. After publishing Destiny, I was thrilled to see the same concept come to life in the television movie Avalon High, which was created by Disney. The movie starred one of my favorite young adult actresses, Britt Robertson, whom I was watching in Life Unexpected, and later, in The Secret Circle.



I love watching recreations of stories that have held up to the test of time, and I am proud to be a part of this marvelous adventure.

Destiny: New Avalon, book 1 and Fate: New Avalon, book 2 are available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.



No comments:

Post a Comment