Monday, August 17, 2015
YA Author Kelly Hashway posts this on her blog every Monday: "Monday Mishmash is a weekly meme dedicated to sharing what's on your mind. Feel free to grab the button and post your own Mishmash." I decided to take Kelly up on her offer. Here we go!
1. I finally decided to go ahead and write New Avalon, book 3. Since I published The Chosen book 3 this year, I'd like to get the next book in my other series out next year. My plan is to release one book per series every other year. I have started writing The Chosen, book 4, but it's on the back burner until next year.
2. I've been blogging! It's been so long since I blogged regularly, and it feels great! I'm enjoying coming up with fresh content for my readers, and not just posting book blog tours, blitzes, and cover reveals. If you have been enjoying these posts, no worries: There are more to come! You can easily receive my blog posts to your email by subscribing.
3. I'm writing articles, too. I've been working on some articles aimed at young adults, and they are being published on Ezine. I hope you check them out! You can subscribe to Author Alerts on my page, and receive an email whenever one of my articles is published.
4. I'm participating in BIW again. This is a monthly event in which writers can participate in a week-long challenge to sit their butt in the chair and write. I signed up to write ten pages this week. I'll check in at the challenge each day with the number of pages I've written, and then post my tally at the end of the challenge. I'll let you know how I did!
5. I outlined three chapters of New Avalon, book 3, and wrote two pages on Sunday! So, I'm good to go for the challenge. I can't wait to see where year three takes the Avalonians. If you haven't met them yet, check out Destiny: New Avalon, Book 1.
That's it for this Monday's Mishmash. How is your Monday shaping up?