Monday, August 3, 2015

Movie Review | Disney's Descendants



I just finished watching Disney Descendants, and I loved it! My readers know I'm a huge Disney fan, and this movie gave me a chance to see many of my favorite characters years after they lived "Happily Ever After," as well as meet their kids. Some were great, some...not so great.

Now, with a movie that involves a small group of descendants from Disney's villains, you'd think they were the ones who weren't so great. Well, let's just say, for those who haven't watched the movie yet, that things aren't always what they appeared.

What I loved about the movie was the concept of mixing the children of Disney's heroes and villains, and seeing how the next generation worked together at their school in the kingdom of Auradon. Not all were carbon copies of their parents, as you may have guessed. I also loved seeing the Disney princes and princesses grown up with families of their own. Some of their characters changed a bit since becoming parents...

Now, I know not everyone is a fan of singing and dancing, but I love it! The movie was directed and choreographed by Kenny Ortega, who also did the choreography in Dirty Dancing, which, again, my readers know I love. It was great to see the moves he came up with for the movie, and I happily noticed that his style is still somewhat the same. The music was also gerat, with several original songs, and a couple of Disney faves.

The cast was another plus. Twilight's Boo Boo Stewart played Jay, son of the evil sorcerer Jafar. His buddy, Carlos, is Cruella de Ville's son, and played by Cameron Boyce, whom I picture as Dylan in Striker's Apprentice. Sofia Carson played Evie, the Evil Queen's daughter. Maleficent's daughter Mal is the leader of the pack, played by Dove Cameron. (Maleficent herself is played by Kristin Chenowith, whom I love.) The four villainous descendants are invited to attend Auradon High by Belle and Beast's son, Ben, played by Mitchell Hope. They meet several other descendants during their time in Auradon  This crew had wonderful chemistry!

As expected, there were plenty of great special effects throughout the movie, as well as artifacts from various Disney movies, including Fairygodmother's wand and Beast's glass-encased rose.

The movie is a Disney-lovers dream-come-true! It's a chance to see a continuation of several Disney movies in one. There was a hint at the end that more is to come. Whether it's another movie or a possible series still has to be determined, but you can be sure I'll be posting about it as soon as I hear something! Feel free to comment if you've already heard something I haven't.

Have you seen Descendants yet? What did you think about it?

For more tips and trends for young adults, subscribe to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment