Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 Reading Campaign




Another year has passed us by, and a new one has begun again. Last year, I began my annual reading campaign, to help me read more than I had been. I loved reading as a kid, but for the past several years, my reading has really dwindled. I don't know why, it just seems I read less and less. So, every year, I make one of my goals (I've replaced resolutions with goals) to read more. These were the ideas I came up with last year to help get you started on your reading campaign, and you can use them again for this year's:
  • Take a look at the books still sitting on your TBR shelf. Set them up in the order you want to read them in, and then give yourself a goal of when you’ll start each one.
  • Keep track of the books you read. There are several ways you can do this:
    • Keep a notebook to list the title and date you read the book
    • Keep a spreadsheet on your computer to track the books and the dates you read them
    • Use an online tracker, such as the Goodreads Reading Challenge App.
  • Join or form a book club.
    • Gather friends and family, set up a schedule, pick some books, and start your 2015 reading group.
    • Start a book club at your school or library
    • Start a reading group on line. Facebook is a great way to set this up!
    • Find an online group to join, such as the Indie YA Wolves Book Club.
Once again, I am challenging you: Join me on the 2016 Reading Campaign. I have challenged myself to read 24 books this year, 2 books per month. I am signed up with the Goodreads Challenge to track my progress. If you're on Goodreads, sign up for the Challenge and we can track each other. Leave a message in the comments with your challenge, or a link to your Goodreads Challenge.

I'll post updates to the Campaign from time to time to help keep us on track. Join me! I look forward to connecting through our reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment