Wednesday, January 6, 2016

#2016Goals - #1, Exercise!

Instead of making resolutions this year, I have created goals for myself. One of the most important ones is to exercise. Now, for me, this does not include joining a gym or signing up for an exercise class. Due to my heart condition, I have to choose my exercise plan very carefully. I had found a video a couple of years ago on Amazon Prime that includes a wonderful 10-minute stretching exercise:



The session slowly gets all of my muscles moving, and boy, do I feel them! It's great and a bit painful at the same time. I also know how good it is for me, and I'm so happy I'm getting it done! I have done two days in a  row and plan to keep it up daily.

If one of your goals for 2016 is to exercise, there are plenty of options for you to get started:
  • join a gym
  • sing up for a class
  • find a good exercise video like I did
  • make a pact with a friend to work out together

Web MD has a list of 5 very helpful tips for teens who are completely inactive to get moving. The list includes starting slowly, exercising while watching TV, finding an activity you like, try strength training, and participating in sports at school.

Once you determine what type of activity you want to join in, set up a regular schedule. You can pick a 10-minute daily session as I do, a few 30-minute sessions spread throughout the week, or any other reasonable time frame you know you'll stick with. Just be sure to work it around your current schedule so you won't miss any sessions.

If you have any health issues, be sure to talk to your doctor before starting an exercise program to make sure it's ok for you to do so. Your doctor can also give you ideas on what would be best for you.

What activities do you like to do to stay fit? Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment