Friday, August 14, 2015
20 Tips to Make Your Dorm Room Less Cluttered
College dorm rooms are typically small and don't provide much storage. But with some quick tips, you can make the most of your space.
1. Purchase bedding that fits your space and your style. Bed-in-a-bag sets provide everything you need in one complete set, and come in several styles. Pick one that suites you, and you'll be set to go.
2. Add shelving where you can. Floating shelves are great for extra storage.
3. Use a variety of storage items, such as underbed storage bins, shoe racks, stacking drawers, and a storage trunk.
4. Pick out a desk set. They provide extra space for papers and books. Drawer and shelf dividers create even more space.
5. Hang clothes on stackable hangers to fit more clothes in your closet.
6. Set up closet organizers to make the most of your closet space.
7. Use wall clips for hanging pictures and posters, bags, and hats.
8. Hang an accessory organizer in your closet to keep your hair clips, belts, scarves, and jewelry in one place
9. Keep your toiletries in a shower caddy. It will keep them neat and organized, and make it easier to transport them to the bathroom.
10. Frame your pictures in collage frames or pin them to a bulletin board.
11. Use your eReader for as many books as you can, instead of taking up shelf space with a lot of books.
12. Mount your lights to the wall, rather than using desk or table lamps.
13. Hang a mattress storage caddy for books, glasses, remotes, and magazines. It will free up space on your night stand.
14. Use a mesh laundry bag instead of a basket. It takes up less space.
15. Keep your textbooks in your backpack when you're not using them. It will free up desk space.
16. Use a laptop instead of a desktop computer.
17. Use large pillows as extra seating instead of adding chairs.
18. Mount a mirror to the wall instead of keeping one on your dresser.
19. Use power strips to plug in multiple electronics. Not only does it save space, it's safer for your electronics.
20. Use a headside storage caddy on your headboard or bedpost.
These tips will help keep your room organized and clutter-free. Be sure to clean up your areas to continue keeping them neat and organized.
For more tips and trends for young adults, subscribe to my blog.