Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Book Review | All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

All the Bright PlacesAll the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*Spoiler Alert

The book is incredible! Violet and Finch are amazing characters, and I love the way the story flowed from their meeting, to their friendship, to their love story, while we learned about each of them as individuals, each with their own silent struggle.

I had a feeling it was going to end the way it did, and I hated that, but I understand it was a huge part of the entire story line. The fact that his family didn't see it coming, nor where they even worried when he faded out again really pissed me off. I wonder, "Are there really people out there who just don't see this, of their family and friends who are struggling?! How could they not?" And I wonder why the people suffering feel they have to cope alone, and are too ashamed to admit they have a problem and ask for help.

But the story of their wandering, and what it meant to Violet at the end, was remarkable. This is a book that's going to stay with me for a long time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment