Tuesday, December 29, 2015

End of Year Blues?

So, I saw this quote in a post on FB:



It got me thinking how true this year. This week is usually filled with post-holiday blues, getting ready for New  Year's, checking out your cool new presents, and dreading returning to school the following week. You sleep late, you stay up late, you eat lots of leftovers, you make plans with friends for New Year's Eve. The days just fall away, one after another, until, all of a sudden, it's January 2. Wow! How'd that happen?!

Instead of letting these days pass completely unproductive, I've been working on getting organized, thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2016, and yes, playing with my presents :)

The trick is, you can do both: You can enjoy these last few lazy days of the year, and Christmas vacation, as well as accomplish a few things. Just figure out what you want to accomplish most before 2015 slips away forever.

I'd love to hear what you come up with. Share in the comments.



6 comments:

  1. My goal is teaching Andrea! Teaching the kids how to wash up, how to put things in the bin, and how to ask permission before knocking my door at 3am (forgot key) with an army of inebriated 18-20 yr olds looking to eat my fridge and sleep on my floor!! #LOL Children - A JOY and an absolute PAIN!! ������Happy New Year Andrea, to you and yours. xxxxx ❤❤❤❤��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Great goals! Have a wonderful New Year my friend <3

      Delete
  2. I'm editing for my clients, the publisher I work for, and myself. Eek! I kind of wish I didn't know what to do with myself. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy woman! Take it one project at a time. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I hope you can be organised and ready for the year that is coming in just a few hours! I have been decidedly making a few changes in the coming year so I hope those will work out for me. I'm actually being productive and getting things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia-Savannah! I think I'm actually there :) I'm happy to hear you're getting things done as well. May 2016 be a wonderful, productive year for you!

      Delete