Thursday, December 31, 2015

Book Review | The Selection by Kiera Cass

The Selection (The Selection, #1)The Selection by Kiera Cass


I've heard about this series for a while, so when I received a copy of The One in a prize pack, I decided to check it out. I'm so glad I did!

The Selection was amazing! I don't usually like dystopian, which I would categorize this book, but this one is so different. There's enough of a drama and romance story mixed in to appeal to me, and the post-apocalyptic elements are not anywhere near where they are in other dystopians I've read. I also love the way the backstory is covered to explain how the world in the story arrived at it's current state.

The characters were wonderful, and I was easily swept up in their stories and lives. I like America! She's a wonderful mix of strong and emotional. The relationship between her and Aspen and her and Maxon are both equally inspiring, and though I have my fave, I know I'll be upset for the one left behind, should the series go in this direction. At this point in the game, it's anyone's guess.

I haven't enjoyed a premiere book this much since Twilight! I'm so glad it took me this long to find this series, because now I can read them all in a row, and not have to wait a year or so for the next one. Although, depending on how fast I get through books 2-4, I may be biting my nails in anticipation of May's release of The Crown.

I'm looking forward to continuing on America's journey with her through the Selection.


View all my reviews