Thursday, December 31, 2015

Book Review | The Selection by Kiera Cass

The Selection (The Selection, #1)The Selection by Kiera Cass


I've heard about this series for a while, so when I received a copy of The One in a prize pack, I decided to check it out. I'm so glad I did!

The Selection was amazing! I don't usually like dystopian, which I would categorize this book, but this one is so different. There's enough of a drama and romance story mixed in to appeal to me, and the post-apocalyptic elements are not anywhere near where they are in other dystopians I've read. I also love the way the backstory is covered to explain how the world in the story arrived at it's current state.

The characters were wonderful, and I was easily swept up in their stories and lives. I like America! She's a wonderful mix of strong and emotional. The relationship between her and Aspen and her and Maxon are both equally inspiring, and though I have my fave, I know I'll be upset for the one left behind, should the series go in this direction. At this point in the game, it's anyone's guess.

I haven't enjoyed a premiere book this much since Twilight! I'm so glad it took me this long to find this series, because now I can read them all in a row, and not have to wait a year or so for the next one. Although, depending on how fast I get through books 2-4, I may be biting my nails in anticipation of May's release of The Crown.

I'm looking forward to continuing on America's journey with her through the Selection.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment