Tuesday, July 14, 2015

International Author's Day Blog Hop



I love to read YA fantasy as much as I love to write it. One of my favorite YA fantasy series is The Shapeshifter Chronicles by Natasha Brown.  This series touched me in a very personal way. Natasha's inspiration for the series and its heroine, Ana Hughes, is her daughter, who was born with heart defects. When I read Ana's story, I felt like Natasha could see through my soul. As my readers know, I was born with a heart defect as well. Finally  having a heroine I could really connect with was wonderful. Ana's story went far beyond anything I could have imagined through the series when I read the first book, Fledgling. By the time I read Ascension, which was released this past spring, I was amazed to see where the story and the characters ended up. It was a beautiful story of love, understanding, growing, and coming into your own. I highly recommend the series to all of my readers.


Natasha has also written a middle-grade series: The Novel Adventures of Nimrod Vale. I thoroughly enjoyed joining Nimrod and his companion on their adventures in An Unfortunate Beginning and am looking forward to reading the second book in the series, which Natasha is currently working on.
I highly recommend Natasha Brown's books to my readers. I know you're going to love them, and her!

I'd like to thank Debdatta Dasgupta Sahay for hosting this wonderful event. Deb's blog B00kish R3vi3ews is a wonderful site for readers to learn about new books and discuss them with other readers. I have been fortunate to be featured on Deb's blog throughout the years, and have enjoyed working with her.
b00k r3vi3ws
Before you move on to the next blog in the hop, I'd like to offer a giveaway. Leave a comment below telling me about your favorite book series. I will select a winner at the end of the hop on July 18, and post the winner on July 19. Please leave your email address so I can contact the winner. The prize you ask? Choose one of these, on mobi or epub:

Now, enjoy the rest of the hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment