Friday, May 8, 2015

Mother's Day

I wrote a post for Indie YA Books discussing my favorite book moms. With Mother's Day coming up this Sunday, I thought this was a great topic for our readers. There have been tons of book moms throughout literature, many that stand out more than others. The four that stood out to me when I wrote the post was Marmee from Little Women, Molly Weasley from Harry Potter, Esme from Twilight and Frannie from TFIOS.
These moms are only a dot on the chart of book moms. So many have been created by authors as both main and supporting characters. In YA books, they are very important characters, as they help shape the main character in the book. Mom may not even be around physically to touch the life of our hero or heroine. But she's always there...
Just like in your favorite book, your mom is always there too, in one way or another. You may not always see eye-to-eye with her, but you know she loves you, and would do anything for you. So this Mother's Day, take some time to let Mom know how much you love her and appreciate her.
Happy Mother's Day! I love you, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment