Sunday, April 19, 2015

Book Review | Paper Towns by John Green

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book was very different from other YA books I've read. For one thing, it was written from the guy's POV. I enjoyed learning how a teenage guy sees things. For another, it wasn't your typical teen high school story. Yes, there are the typical clicks and such, but the story itself involved so much more, and it was very powerful. I don't want to give anything away to those who have not read it yet, but to suffice it to say, the book has some very haunting moments, some very thought-provoking moments, and some very are-you-kidding-me?! moments. There were also a ton of moments where I found myself laughing out loud.
This is the second book of John Green's I've read, the first being, of course, The Fault in Our Stars. I couldn't help but notice how, unlike other authors, the two books were so different. They both spoke volumes about teens and their reaction to the world around them, but from two incredibly different perspectives. I love that! I will have to read more of his books to see if the differences continue.
I definitely recommend Paper Towns to any reader. But know this up front: It's a little longer than you might anticipate at first, but each section is a necessary part of the story, and the book reads very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment