Sunday, June 21, 2015

Book Review | Looking for Alaska

Looking for AlaskaLooking for Alaska by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the third book of John Green's that I've read this year, and I'm amazed at how quickly his stories can turn. One minute, you're heading down a path you think you can see an end to, and then, Bam!, you suddenly get taken completely off the path and on to another, highly-emotional one. As this is Green's first book, I suppose I should have seen it coming, but I didn't. What I was left with was, once again, shock and awe, and many tears.

John Green writes about teenagers with such power that I feel taken back in time to my teen years, which were not always that great. It's wonderful to find some characters I can connect with on an emotional level, and take off on their adventures with them, through the good and the bad. Looking for Alaska had me laughing and crying, which I love when I'm reading.

Once again, the end of the book came with valuable lessons and some very thought-provoking issues. I discovered more about myself and the world, and how I think about things, as I journeyed with these characters throughout their adventures.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment