Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday | Ten Authors I Really Want to Meet


This week's #TopTenTuesday theme is "Ten Authors I Really Want to Meet." There have been various authors over the years that I have really wanted to meet. Some of these authors write the romance novels I love, some write mystery, and some write my favorite YA fantasies. But they all have one thing in commone: They are awesome writers! So without further adieu:

I read a lot of Grisham's books in my late teens and early twenties after watching several of the movies his books were turned into. The Pelican Brief was the first book I had ever read before seeing the movie. I loved it! Some of his other faves of mine are The Brethern and Skipping Christmas, which isn't a mystery at all.

loved Ramona when I was growing up! She was always getting into wonderful mischief! She was a fun read, and I knew I could count on her when I needed a good laugh.

I grew up reading Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and other classic Judy Blume books. My favorite was Superfudge. I could read that book over and over, to the point where Mom asked, "You're reading that again?!" Yes, Mom, as often as possible.
Tonya is an author I'm lucky enough to call a friend. I met her through social media years ago, and became instantly hooked on her Magical Cures series. She's a delight as both an author and friend. If you like mysteries with a touch of romance, check out Tonya's books. I would love to meet her in person one day.

Melissa is another author I'm lucky to call friend. I met her through social media as well. I was lucky enough to find Melissa at the start of my writing career. She quickly became my mentor, and helped me through so much. I love her early books, but am really enjoying her new-to-me line of hot romance novels. Sorry YA readers, but these are adult-only! Put them low on your TBR list ;)

Nicholas Sparks was the second romance author I started reading. I was instantly hooked on his beautiful love stories, which always brought tears to my eyes. I love the movies too, but they are never as good as the books.

I was introduced to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by my librarian when I started doing research for writing YA fantasy. She started handing me books by authors she thought I should study, and The Lightning Thief was in the pile. I devoured it once I started reading it. I had to read the rest of the series. Then I had to read The Kane Chronicles. They are so good! There are still a lot of Riordan's books I have yet to read. Ah, so many books, so little time...

OK, confession time: As some of you already know, I did not read TFIOS until January of this year! Yes, I know, I'm so far behind. But, oh, it was worth the wait. I am so in love with this book, these characters, and this author. I read Paper Towns last month, and want to read Looking for Alaska sometime this year.

Ah, this lady... This lady got me hooked back on reading in high school. My mom had read her books for years, and handed me one in my junior year, deciding I was old enough for adult romance. I was hooked. I had to have all of her books! In hardback! And I did, for so many years. I don't have room for bookshelves in my office right now, but when I do, all of my D.S. books will be back on display, where they belong.

OK, this lady.... OMG! What can I say about this lady that hasn't been said before? She's a-maz-ing! My mother-in-law bought the first three books for my stepson when the first movie came out. He never read them. My parents bought him book four when it was released. He never read it. So, there they were, sitting on the bookshelf. So, I picked up the first book and started reading it. Wow!!!!!!!!! I was instantly hooked, read all of the ones we had, and anxiously waited for the new ones to come out. Then I watched each movie as they came out. When The Deathly Hallows was released, I made my husband go to Walmart at midnight and buy it for me, then read the whole thing within a day. I cried so hard when it was done, not just because of the story itself, but because it was done. No more Harry Potter. Oh, how I wanted more... So, yes, Rowling is at the top of my list of authors I want to meet.

So, you may be wondering... What would I say to these authors if I could meet them in person? What would I ask them? Anything and everything!

What's your top-10 list of authors you'd like to meet?

No comments:

Post a Comment